How to Root & Install TWRP Redmi Note 2 – Using a smartphone with high specifications does not make all users satisfied.
Surely there are those who feel something is lacking, like, in an unattractive UI, the batteries run out quickly, but can install additional applications because there are access restrictions and many others.
Therefore, many android users want to root, especially on Redmi Note 2 and Prime (Hermes) using the MIUI 9 operating system.
In order to root smoothly and successfully, the previous stage is that you must first install or install TWRP.
What is TWRP?
TWRP is an abbreviation of Team Win Recovery Project, custom recovery for Android phones and tablets.
TWRP has the ability to do some further recovery and restoration, installation and also some types of maintenance on Android devices.
Almost the same as CWM, but TWRP has an interface that is easier to use. TWRP is very comfortable to use because in its use it can be done with a touchscreen.
Unlike the CWM, which uses the volume (-) / (+) and power buttons in its operation.
So it is clear, that TWRP has more features than the default recovery (Stock Recovery).
By using TWRP, you can backup and restore to full ROM with data, root, and many other advanced features.
How to Install the TWRP Redmi Note 2 MIUI 9
Prepare the following ingredients in advance:
- Mi flash Toll download here
- Custom Recovery TWRP 2.8.7 Redmi Note 2 download here
- ADB driver download here
- Supersu.zip download here
Stage Install Redmi Note 2 TWRP
- The first step is to enable USB Debugging on Xiaomi smartphones.
- How to enter the Settings menu- > About mobile-> Tap MIUI Version 5 times
- If so, then go back to Settings-> Additional Settings-> Developer Options-> Enable Debugging USB
- After that, you install the Mi Flashing Tool on the PC / Laptop that you are using. and this will install the required drivers like (ADB & Fastboot)
- To install the Miphone Flashing Tool application, it’s very easy to just press the “Next and Next” button
- When done, then enter the folder “Local Disk C: \ Program Files \ Xiaomi \ MiPhone \ Google \ Android”
- In this android, the folder is where ADB and Fastboot. Here we will use CMD
- To activate it, press the “Shift + Right Click” button up to where you may be arbitrary.
- Then select “Open command window here”
- We have downloaded the twrp287.zip file, inside the file, there is already a twrp.img file
- Extract the twrp.img file to C: \ Program Files \ Xiaomi \ MiPhone \ Google \ Android, and change the name to recovery.img.
If so, enter the CMD menu that opens earlier after that. We first check whether our Xiaomi device has been read or not on a PC.
Type “fastboot devices” then enter. If you read the code usually appears from our device, maybe it’s the ID.
- Then type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img then press enter. And the flashing process is running.
- If so, type reboot fastboot then enter. then the device will reboot.
- Before the screen is on, press the Volume Up + Power button to enter the TWRP.
- On the first page of TWRP Swipe to allow Modification, slide the switch to the right.
- Now we have successfully entered the TWRP Menu.
How to Root Redmi Note 2 without a PC
1. Root via TWRP
- Enter twrp by pressing volume up + power together
- After entering twrp select the install menu and look for the supersu.zip file that you downloaded earlier and transfer it to your cellphone
- Then SWIPE.
- When finished wipe cache / Dalvik and reboot the system
- After that, your phone will reboot and is usually a bit long. So just wait and don’t panic because of bootloop.
- Finished your cellphone is installed TWRP and ROOTED.
2. ROOT via Updater
- Download the regular and Prime Redmi Note 2 TWRP Custom Recovery [ here ]
- Also download the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46 file [ here ]
- Then place the download in your Redmi note 2 internal memory. Change the name of the zip to update.zip.
- Then go to the Tools folder and select Updater
- Then click Menu -> Select the file update.zip (which was renamed), wait until the installation process is complete.
- The next step is to turn off your Redmi note 2, then enter recovery mode by pressing the Power + Volume up button simultaneously.
- Then select Install and select UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip (which you downloaded earlier)
- Wait until the process is complete then restart the system
Xiaomi is a smartphone manufacturer from China that has won the hearts of smartphone lovers in the country.
Things like this can happen because every time Xiaomi releases its newest smartphone series.
And Xiaomi always offers a relatively cheap price but has very qualified specifications in each class.
Redmi Note 2 is one of the products from Xiaomi which is classified as having a low price but has high specifications.
Until now many people who use this phone even though it is no longer available if you want to buy a new one.
- How To Root Samsung Galaxy A8 With TWRP Recovery
- Best Ways to Root Your Samsung Galaxy S5 Simple
- How to Download and Use Game Guardian Without ROOT
The Final Word:
Thus the explanation of how to root and install TWRP Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 using a PC / Laptop.
Don’t forget to bookmark and always visit every day at TechOught.com because you will find the latest Technology Android games, Mod Apk, and apps ETC, that we will update every day.