Best Tricks to Lock Any File in Laptop Windows 10 – Locking files are the first step that can be done to protect personal data. At least in this way, not many people can access it arbitrarily.
But it is quite unfortunate, the Windows 10 system which is currently one of the most popular operating systems, is not equipped with applications or special software to lock files by default in them.
For this reason, many people are looking for ways or even applications that can be used to do so. Well, if you are one of them, visiting this article is quite the right thing.
How to Lock and Hide Any Files in Laptop Windows 10 Without an Application
- Open-File Explorer and enter one of the folders in it
- Right-click inside the folder without touching any file, then select New
- Next, select Text Document
- Rename with names that do not refer to private folders, such as media, viruses, or names you like
- Don’t forget to replace the .txt behind it with the extension .bat
- Right-click on the .bat file, then select Edit
- Copy the script below into the Notepad application that opens
title Folder Private
if EXIST "HTG Locker" goto UNLOCK
if NOT EXIST Private goto MDLOCKER
echo Are you sure you want to lock the folder(Y/N)
if %cho%==Y goto LOCK
if %cho%==y goto LOCK
if %cho%==n goto END
if %cho%==N goto END
echo Invalid choice.
ren Private "HTG Locker"
attrib +h +s "HTG Locker"
echo Folder locked
echo Enter password to unlock folder
if NOT %pass%== PASSWORD goto FAIL
attrib -h -s "HTG Locker"
ren "HTG Locker" Private
echo Folder Unlocked successfully
echo Invalid password
echo Private created successfully
- Replace PASSWORD with the password you want to use and then save the file by tapping File > Save
- Close Notepad, then run the .bat file by tapping it twice
- Enter the personal files you want to hide in the Private folder that has appeared automatically
- When it’s finished, double-click on the .bat file, press Y then Enter
This method is quite effective for those of you who want to lock multiple files at once. In this case, you can hide and lock various types of files, including photos, videos, Word documents, Excel documents, and files with other formats.
How to Open a Private Folder That Has Been Hidden in Windows 10
After successfully locking, the Private folder will be hidden by the system. Or in other words, you won’t be able to see or find the folder in File Explorer in any participation or folder.
To open it, you need to bring up the folder first. The trick, you can double-tap on the .bat file that you use to lock and hide the Private folder.
Next, you can enter the password you used in the window that appears, then press the Enter key. The Private folder will automatically appear, so you can open files, move files, add files to it.
Meanwhile, to lock and hide the folder again, you only need to run the .bat file again.
How to Change Password
If a problem occurs, such as forgetting a password that is already known to others, you can replace it by editing the .bat file that was created previously. Just like when you will make it, the way to open a file is to right-click on the file, then choose the Edit option.
Next look for the if NOT% pass% == PASSWORD goto FAIL section, then replace PASSWORD with the new password. When it’s finished, don’t forget to save it again, one of them by pressing the CTRL + S button on the keyboard.
- Best 2 Easy Ways to Lock Folders in Windows
- What Is a Modem in Computer Networking? and Functions
- 10 Ways To Take Screenshot on Asus Laptop Windows 10
Don’t forget to bookmark and always visit every day at TechOught.com because you will find the latest Technology Android games, Mod Apk, and apps ETC, that we will update every day.